Experts estimate that $1 trillion of inheritances will pass from one generation to the next within a decade in Canada. In addition, many individuals are selling their businesses, resulting in substantial gains. Accordingly, the ability to effectively manage one’s wealth and prepare and implement a proper estate plan is no longer just prudent. It’s crucial.
Jack Lumsden is an experienced financial advisor who uses an easy-to-read narrative style to clarify financial planning concepts that everyone needs to know in his new book.
Preserving Wealth explains:
- Investment strategies to provide for growth and protection of capital,
- How to develop an effective estate transfer plan to reduce estate costs and taxes,
- Strategies to preserve wealth and safeguard an inheritance or gift for the next generation,
- How to select an executor, and what to do if you are an executor,
- The critical discussions to have with your family, and
- How to assemble a financial team.
Jack Lumsden, MBA, CFP® is a Senior Wealth Advisor with Assante Financial Management Ltd., available to help you with investment strategies, gain peace of mind, and achieve your dreams for the future.