The primary focus of our business is helping those who are or will be making the transition from their working years to retirement or work-optional years, with the need to develop a lifelong income and cash-flow strategy from the financial assets they have accumulated. We also focus on the younger generation by providing them with tools and strategies for continued growth and security.
The process that our team uses is based on the same principles I use when coaching football, and these are the concepts of Alignment, Assignment, Execution and Effort.
First, we ensure that our team and strategy are in total alignment with your family’s dreams, hopes and desires, and what you wish to accomplish and achieve over time.
From our understanding of what you wish to achieve, and from being in alignment with you, we then formulate the specifics of our assignment. This involves co-creating the required strategies and plan that will enable you and your family to accomplish your dreams, hopes and desires in the time frames you have selected.
Our team then executes our assignment to complete your specific strategy in the following five key areas:
1.) Retirement and Cash-flow Strategies
2.) Investment Management
3.) Tax Planning
4.) Insurance and Risk Management
5.) Estate Planning
We apply great effort and follow a detailed checklist-driven, step-by-step process to ensure that nothing is missed in the execution of your plan. As part of this effort, we also conduct an on-going review of all aspects of your strategy and plan to make sure they remain aligned with what your family wishes to accomplish and achieve over time.
5 Key Areas
Our Nine Client Deliverables are supported by over 144 items on our Planning Checklist. They represent our tangible and specific definition of comprehensive financial services.
1. Financial Road Map Update Meeting: A complete and thorough annual update of your Financial Road Map during which we focus on client values, goals, and benchmarking of progress. It summarizes:
- Your current assets and liabilities
- Your needs’ expectations
- Your emergency provisions
- Your family protection provisions
- Capital projections to fund your specific goals
2. The Greatest Probability Strategy (Your GPS): Delivery of your updated step-by-step Implementation Plan of Action summarizing your financial plan into a simple chronological list of every action item or recommendation for you by any member of our team.
3. Progress Reports: Delivery of your progress reports to you every four months. This simple summary of your assets is designed to show you the progress you are making benchmarked against the goals you have set for yourself.
4. Growth Assets: We have access to an exclusive suite of Managed Portfolio Solutions, that include portfolio construction and investment management, provided along with advice on the optimal strategy and on-going recommendations to deploy your assets. These managed solutions are designed to adapt to the daily changes, bumps and grind and ups and downs of the market. The portfolios are regularly monitored and systematically rebalanced to ensure they reflect your personalized plan, and help you accomplish the financial objectives you have set for yourself.
5. Tax Planning: There are tax implications to each and every element of your financial plan, and we can advise on a whole arsenal of tactics aimed at minimizing your tax burden. These strategies will help you paying as little as tax as possible while working, and having tax efficient income once you stop working.
6. Estate Planning: We will fully review your Estate Plan with the objective of:
- Ensuring your financially-related wishes are clearly established in your estate planning documents.
- Making sure a sensible plan is in place to manage your assets if ever you are unable or unwilling to manage your own affairs.
- Establishing a plan for your money to make it into the next generation and to survive beyond that.
- Reducing taxes and estate fees where appropriate.
7. Goals: We commit to contacting you proactively prior to every goal date you have established to give you the summary of what was accomplished. Once per year we will review your “Goal Blueprint” describing, in detail, strategies envisioned in your plan for the accumulation of assets and a specific funding plan for every goal on your Financial Road Map.
8. Cash and Debt Management: We work with you to establish adequate cash reserves to handle financial issues that come up in life. This involves establishing a debt elimination plan, if necessary, as well as major purchase assistance.
9. Comprehensive Safety Review: Once each year, and more often if necessary, we will have a meeting focused primarily on increasing the safety of your plan. We will identify possible risks to your plan and our team of skilled subject matter experts will contemplate best strategies to address them. Our team will also fully review your insurance needs to determine the right kinds and amounts of coverage you should have. Our review will take into account your existing policies.